What Matters | Teen Ink

What Matters

By Patrick Weiler BRONZE, Belmont, Michigan
Patrick Weiler BRONZE, Belmont, Michigan

Ok, now I know that saying that sleep matters sounds a lot like saying, 'I'm lazy' but it can be said in a way that doesn't make me sound like a couch potato. Sleep matters because people need time to heal, physically and emotionally. After a long summer day, running, jumping, biking, or whatever else you do, you sleep to 'recharge' and heal all the bumps, bruises and scrapes that we all get. After an emotional experience, whether it be happy or sad, you sleep to relax and loosen up from the shock that we have experienced.

Sleep is important to me because I need a time of peace among the chaos that is everyday life, I mean, 13 may be the first year of teen hood, but it's not all its cracked up to be. That's why I need some time to just get some rest and relaxation.

Without sleep there would be more accidents on the road, injuries on the job, all because of lack of focus. Now being in school all day we tend to lose focus any way, but that's not the point. Driving with lack of sleep is just like driving drunk. Lack of focus, reduced reaction time, and risk of falling asleep at the wheel can all be reasons that a sleepy driver can put him/herself in harms way because of something as simple as not enough sleep! C'mon is it that hard to go to sleep every night?!? If I can sleep in class, I'm sure that you can do it in bed. So to me, whether I sound like a lazy bum or not, sleep is a very important part of my life. This will certify that the above work is completely original.