What Has Been Forgotten | Teen Ink

What Has Been Forgotten

October 20, 2016
By meerasobti GOLD, Singapore, Singapore, New Jersey
meerasobti GOLD, Singapore, Singapore, New Jersey
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The mind is everything. What you think you become."


Can’t you remember the earth, the warm, human, brown life.
Can’t you remember, no not the intelligence, not even the wit, the rawness.
Can’t you remember the nights where you didn’t have to act, the nights in the comfort, the cozy the blankets, and the pixies of crimson light. How easy is it, Oh how rich. 


Passion has brought me here, When I am truly raw, I want to write, I have something to say, I want to pour myself into my words- I feel meaning. I feel the complexity of the world around me, the absurdness. I have to say it, I have to let the passion leave me, so I can be in peace and continue. Something has ignited my warm, tender, pulsing existence with a new cranny of life. My god, the adrenaline, the big things that make me over look daily living, to feel like i mean something, to be reckless- has it brought me more to my core? Has it exemplified my passion- has it made me feel something? Has the contrast shown me my earth, the warm brown dirt, the life. Extremes, passion- it opens your person, it opens you to your gift. I want to speak my mind. I have something to say. I want to say, connect to your warmth, your earth with roots and maggots and nature.

 

Recklessness, it’s fake. Where have you gone? Where is your beauty, your beautiful earth, your passion? Do you need the adrenaline to bring you here? Don’t numb yourself, don’t become a meaningless human! My god, passion can give you an adrenaline, the stage to speak your mind and turn it into something meaningful. Do you have something to say, is something burning to come out…no, not burning, a wave, uncontrollable, its coming, its coming- meaning. Art- the true essence of life, what makes it special, important, significant. Don’t be so numb, possessed by society, don’t you feel something? Cant you enjoy the dry autumn leaves being crushed under your boot sole, can’t you get excited, about small innocent things- the coziness of life. The little excitements. The beauty. Oh god please dont be a drunken, vacuous teenager. I understand, you want release, but can’t you just- feel? Oh please can we not live in the eyes of others, instead, look at the striking, deep, red blood of yours, the passion, that red, the life. Look at that red and tell me you mean something, that your not just dissolving into the gimmicks, the likes on the internet, the image, the social, tell me you are something more, more than inebriated. Show me your depth, your royalty. Tell me you are aware and not wafting, not flotsam. You’re awareness for life’s small excitements, the coziness, the happiness- don’t forget it, not ever- don’t lose your core, your rawness- innocence. Burn with genuineness, richness- take the social constructs, set them aflame and dance on the burning deck.