Do You Ever

By , Littleton, CO

Do you ever think of what life would be like if we all forgive and forget? Sadly, yes. One big problem; people constantly think in “an eye for an eye” perspective. But, “if it’s an eye for an eye then we all go blind” (Human Race by Three Days Grace). “For you have heard ‘an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on the right cheek turn the other one to him. If anyone wants to go to law with you over your tunic, give to him your cloak as well. Should anyone press you into service for one mile go with him two. Give to the one who asks of you and do not turn your back on the one who wants to borrow.” (Matthew 5:38-42, The Bible). “We can’t go around trying to get even all the time, that would leave the world in a big mess!” (Bob the Tomato, Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush, Veggietales).

What I also think about so very, very much, and what I don’t like, is when teachers say that you don’t have to believe something but then, when the test comes, that's the only right answer. For example: the Big Bang theory. They say, “It’s just a theory, you don’t have to believe it.” and when the test comes, sure enough, that’s the only right answer and everything else is wrong. “I would rather stand with God and by judged by the world then stand with the world and by judged by God.” (Grace Wesley, God’s Not Dead 2).