What Matters- Love | Teen Ink

What Matters- Love

By Alyssa Martin BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan
Alyssa Martin BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan

What matters to me in the world is love. If no one loved each other in life then how would anyone make it through life? I know I probably wouldn't make it. Love is what keeps life going. Life wouldn't work right without it.

When my Grandma died it was hard. In the morning I woke up and my mom was crying. My dad took my brother and me in another room and told us that our Grandma had died in her sleep the night before. My aunt had found her that morning. I didn't believe him at first, and I thought he was kidding. It turned out he wasn't. That day I was crying and wishing I had her still, since I was young and didn't get to know her as much as I could have. It was difficult to see my mom cry because her mom had died and wasn't there for her.

With my Grandma's death once my neighbors found out, they came over and cared for us. They came and said they where there for us and loved us. They made my whole family and me feel better, even with a dear one gone. They came over to see how it was going and also brought over a few dinners.

When it came to the funeral they came, showing even more they cared. They were truly there for us all the way. They would let us use their shoulder to cry on. They would tell us that it was alright, and she was in a better place. They also filled our heads with wonderful bible verses to make us feel better about her being gone. They told us about her being with her father in heaven also with her loved ones that died. We knew she was in a place where we would see her again; but not for a long time.

Without our neighbors by our side I don't think my family and I would have gone through death as well as we did. They assured us they loved us and even though our loved ones, weren't going to be able to help us through our life anymore, they would still be there for us.

Love is an important thing no matter what you're going through in life; it would be like a horror movie with no end without it. Without it everyone would feel hurt and abandoned, unloved and uncared, also unsecured. All we have to do to prevent all this hurt is love one another, even strangers. That seems pretty powerful and matters to me. This will certify that the above work is completely original.

on Jun. 6 2009 at 1:11 am
Melissa Main BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I LOVED THIS! It was really good! ily! -Melissa