Confidence | Teen Ink

Confidence

By kelseapalm BRONZE, Kittery Point, Maine
kelseapalm BRONZE, Kittery Point, Maine

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi

If, when, I give you a short answer, a yep, yes, sure, ok, thanks. I don’t mean it, not really, I mean so much more, I mean to say that you made my day but as I am sitting here in the dark, alone with my thoughts I still am the outgoing, say anything, do anything girl everyone sees, but not the shy, awkward side nobody ever really notices, the one who really, really, appreciates compliments and takes them to heart, not just blowing them off, the side that thinks when a guy says “you’re pretty” just says thanks but in reality is filled with confidence and happiness because just knowing that not just myself thinks I’m pretty but others too, that not only I see the best things about me, but others. Hiding behind a gigantic cover of outgoingness is an awkward side that hardly ever comes out, one that is only reserved for crowning moments where I need my usual confidence and carefully careless spirit. One where when my crush is talking to me I can lose my natural cool and calm self and replaced by an awkward one. Because I am not perfect and have flaws abound I take something someone says to heart and know that I am not shy. I am not awkward, I just sometimes don’t understand what to say. My thanks means so much more than just a 6 letter word, so much more than a word used so many times that all value has been lost, a word that may seem meaningless but really, is so much more. Thanks.

I am a very outgoing, say-anything girl, I want people to know that everyone is thankful about everything and that one small compliemt and change a persons day, life even. Saying nice things really gets you places and I beleive that everyone should have confidence and everyone should be able to say what they want and be heared. I beieve that everyone is gifted and talented and special and confidence is what builds us up and if you get one little compliement it can chnage you. So really, just be a nice person and make sure to make someones life better.