Imperfection: The Perfect Answer | Teen Ink

Imperfection: The Perfect Answer

By MACervantes BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
MACervantes BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. "
---Benjamin Franklin

.but your kiss keeps making me stay, your lips keep getting in the way…
Keith Urban: Ge
ttin’ In The Way

But what if I told you greatness comes from within? What if you are the future president, doctor or genius that will revolutionize human thought forever. It seems as if we are all oppressed by out faults, our shortcomings. Our weaknesses that define us rather than our strengths. We look amongst our brothers and sisters for errors, miscalculations, and mistakes in our character, our facial features. We seem to notice the mistakes first before anything else. If you tell someone you won an award, they will assume you have made errors in the past to achieve that award. But when you look at one who scores second place, missing the goal by a split second. They are ridiculed for not winning and achieving perfection. The reality is the second place individual deserves the most praise. More than the individual who won. Now the purpose of this scenario is to describe the misconception behind imperfection and perfection. Everyone is by far, imperfect; a mistake-ridden being that may appear to be perfectionists if they seek a false identity and character. You have choices in life and if living a lie is one of your choices then the house of perfectionists will welcome you in with open arms “Come my child. Let us continue making this world false and deceitful with our fellow perfectionists.” We can conclude that perfection is created by imperfection yet the perfection receives more credibility than the imperfection, which is the most crucial aspect to creating perfection. Let us use a metaphor for this: The mother which of perfection is imperfection. The mother conceives the child which is perfection, yet she herself it the epitome of imperfection. After the numerous trial and error, which symbolizes the hardships of pregnancy, the child, perfection, is born. The child I given the most attention while the mother who created this child, receives no attention. Of course, the newness and youthfulness can be to blame, but we must remember the origin of perfection before we make assumptions that one is just ‘born’ perfect.  That perfection is the result of hard work, errors, tears and even blood. Why do we not recognize these errors as the source of improvement and the key to knowledge? Our society is no longer open minded, using perfection to emphasize the ideal man. In the pursuit of life, we are not perfect, ideal individuals. We are the products of progress, of change and of passion. Now my friends acknowledge this fact of life when you encounter life’s obstacles.  Never strive for perfection. Strive for genuine character and passion, no matter what the cost. Pursuing a false identity leads to a life of darkness and sadness.

Would you want to live a lie your entire life?

Imperfection is beauty. Perfection is a lie. Why be fictitious when you can be YOU?