Best Friends | Teen Ink

Best Friends

every girl has a guy best friend. Every guy best friend makes mistakes.

we've all been there. girls, you know what i'm talking about. you have your guy best friend who you tell everything to! for some odd unexplainable reason you turn to him for everything. you see a new cute boy at school, you tell nick. your cruel heartless boyfriend breaks up with you, you go crying to nick. or maybe you just got an A on your first test , you have to rub it in nick's face just for the hell of it. either way we all have a nick.

but all "nicks" are different for each of us. for some, nick may be like your brother. someone you've grown up with all your life and spent what felt like every waking moment with since you were 4 years old. he knows every possible thing about you and when you get in a fight your parents take his side instead of yours. that's just how it goes.

for others, nick may act and feel like a brother to you but deep deep down inside, you pray and hope everyday that maybe someday you'll be more than just friends. you want to be the girl he can't stop thinking about and tells all his friends about, but you continue to play the supportive sister role because you don't want to ruin your friendship.

but no matter what kind of nick it is, we all have one thing in common. we all fell head over heels in love with him. He will forever be the one true love of our lives. the one we will never let go of, forget , or possibly hate. we've stuck by his side through thick and thin as his sister, secret crush, or just as his #1 best friend. we never foregt the inside jokes, deep dark secrets, or late night 3 hour phone calls every other night. we'll always remember the wrestling matches, birthday gifts, and the best hugs ever. we know we will always have eachoter to depend on and help each other get through the hard stuff.

but sometimes, despite all the good things, we have falling outs. yes, the perfect best friend messes up and we feel we are the ones left to clean up the mess. we try to be understanding but overall we want him to fix what he broke. unfortunately, we might be the only ones brave enough to tell him to stop messing around and get back on track. of course boys hate hearig this so, trying to be the bad ass he thinks he is, he tries to escape by cutting you out of his life. leaving you angry and hurt, we push and push and push until he lets us back in, but if he doesn't, we feel more torn apart than ever.

day-in and day-out, despite all the other events happening in our lives, he is the only thing on our mind. no one can ever replace him. no one else is him. he is our only love. the only one who will always have our hearts. he is my best friend.