A President Stands Tall... | Teen Ink

A President Stands Tall...

"And I gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today.‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,"(Lee Greenwood, Proud to be an American)

A President stands tall in the icy cold, and the eyes of the country fall upon him. As we wait with baited breath the wind cuts through our coats and jackets and his words fill our spirits with the fire of passion. The beliefs of thousands of souls before us course through our veins, and we as Americans stand taller; braver, united. We can rebuild our country on this day, with the hope of the nation on our shoulders, and in our hearts; with the hope of our future on his shoulders, and in his heart. Those stars and stripes we will make proud, those fallen soldiers we will resurrect if only in memory. Our sons and daughters will quote this day in the years to follow. And we shall be proud if as Americans, we stand behind this man, this American; our forty-fourth President of these United States. ‘For the land of the free and the home of the brave’ we will follow these words and like our President said “Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America.” (Barack Obama inauguration speech, January 20th 2009)

America has for too long sat back and claimed the title of the best, now it is time to once again prove that we are the land of the free and the home of the brave. Today is the start of our future whether we accept it or not. We must step up and take our places beside our forefathers in history and become the America of our ancestor’s hopes and dreams. This war must end, this economy must strengthen and these people must accept, and tolerate. We have become lazy in an age too young for our country to rely only on its old foothold. Our path has become over grown and our travelers wary of its direction. Let us once again take the lead and swath through the undergrowth, leading us to a bright future that our country was built on.

"Those who say that there are no heroes, they just don't know where to look."(Ronald Reagan, US President, from Inaugural Address Jan. 20, 1981) As the youth of this land, we must not sit back and wait for others hands to become dirty from toil and hard work, it is our time for our backs to ache, and the dirt to collect under our finger nails. It is our time for the spirit of this nation to fill our chests and race through our veins. We are the leaders of tomorrow, and the spirit of today. Let us make this hope a reality, and stand behind not only our President, but our fellow Americans. Let us be like the heroes of our past and become the inspiration of a future not too far off. Let us fill these history books with texts of passion, wisdom, and integrity. Lets us stand tall, and become the land of not only the free but the brave. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” (Eleanor Roosevelt).