What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

To love and to hate: what does it mean?

Has anyone ever caught your eye or you caught his or hers?

Sometimes you don’t even know you love that person until they are gone, though having them around was having hated in the air through all the fights gong on. Meeting someone does not mean lets go get married for the rest of our lives. NO it never has to be that way! Not even I love you lets go fight for the rest of our lives, it is telling that person how much don’t you love them with all your heart!

Falling in love does not have to be A.S.A.P. Falling in love may take you years to find the right person but don’t stay home reading and watching television go out and find the right person! Find the person who makes you heart stop not by looking at him or her put their personality! The person who makes you blush while taking to him/her, or the person who makes you tingle inside with joy of finding the right person!

What is love?

Love: are we supposed to know what it means or are we just learning it from our parents/family! How are suppose to know what it means.

Every once in a blue moon we hear about people getting killed by their loved ones.

I don’t find that loving!

But many times it is for the bad economy or “just plan what to get out quick” scam.

What is love?

I’m not really a believer in love. Why get your hearts broken over someone who did not love you back in return?

Now you’re thinking that I know nothing about love, right? Wrong most of my friends have gone out, but they have never asked. Right, most of them don’t want to hurt he boy’s feelings.

So I ask you this one last time:
What is love?

Dictionary Term:
Love: noun, verb, loved
-- noun
1.
a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2.
a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3.
sexual passion or desire.
4.
a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5.
(used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6.
a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7.
sexual intercourse; copulation.
8.
(initial capital letter ) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
9.
affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
10.
strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
11.
the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
12.
the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
13.
Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.
14.
a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.