What Freedom Means to Me | Teen Ink

What Freedom Means to Me

By _veronica_ SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
_veronica_ SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Three-hundred and eighteen million people stand behind the white stars and red and white stripes. In those three-hundred and eighteen million people, no two people are the same. Three-hundred and eighteen different bodies coexist with one another because off one reason with freedom.

The red and the white stripes stretch out the vast interest of the people with, the bindi the young girl wears, the cross around a man's neck, or the boy who simply believes in the kindness in people. The neurosurgeon who grew up in Skid Row, the athlete without an arm, and the mom who raises her kids to the best they can be are under the same flag.

The stars are the fallen. Those men and women who fought endlessly to shield the country from the wicked ways of others. The men and women who were selfless and left everything behind. The men and women who all stood by the flag and gave out one last cry for freedom.

Three-hundred and eighteen million people in fifty-two states. Three-hundred and eighteen million people who are proud to be Americans. Three-hundred and eighteen million people speak, stand, and sing about the same reason they are here today with freedom.