What Freedom Means to Me | Teen Ink

What Freedom Means to Me

By HuntingIsLife123 PLATINUM, Sullivan, Wisconsin
HuntingIsLife123 PLATINUM, Sullivan, Wisconsin

In America, we have a profound right to freedom. Whether that’s going to a school of our choosing, practicing a religion of our choosing, or something as simple as dressing how you please, Americans are free to make their own choices and live their own lives.

Although we are able to enjoy this freedom however we please, many have given everything to uphold our freedom and have made this country what it is today.  

The brave men and women who have built this country are a unique breed. Those men and women were willing to leave their daily lives and those they love to go fight for a cause.  All they know is that America’s freedom is threatened. Those willing to fight for freedom are truly inspirational and I hope to be as brave and courageous as them. 

I have the utmost respect for those who defend our freedom. They were willing to jump out of a landing craft onto to a foreign land and fight against an unknown enemy.  And they do this all so Americans  can wake up everyday and go to the school of our choosing, practice the religion we please, and travel freely throughout our borders.