Rules to Succeed in Life | Teen Ink

Rules to Succeed in Life

On a day-to-day basis how much do we fail in life? Too much in-fact. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we had something to help along. Maybe perchance, “a set of rules” that would help us fail a little less in life. So that we won’t be embarrassed when we can’t achieve the goals we set. The rules would be fantastic, if they really could help us get out of a pickle, or stop the pickle from happening.  Well then it’s good you came to the right place. Now let’s begin.

Rule #1  “Use Google”
As much as we all like to pretend we know much more that our co-existers, we have yet to face the cold, hard truth of the world. Most of us have seen at most a glimpse of reality, where we have said the wrong answer. So, what other place to find the solution to all your problems than the place with all the answers, the internet. All you need to know is how to find the answer, and the next time before you try to set your words in stone, look it up.

Rule #2  “Don’t Follow Your Heart”
Since we were little peewees we have been told to follow our hearts, yet the only thing easy about that is saying it. They never told us that following our dreams could build a college debt as big as The Eiffel Tower. They also omitted that figuring out just what our heart was telling us would be as hard as hearing a pin drop in the middle of a One Direction concert. And lastly, they failed to mention that following our hearts would be risking it all. So why do that? Why not choose what would be the most logical choice. The choice which is the highest in demand and has the most to offer.

Rule #3  “Don’t Follow Any Rules
The real rules in life don’t exist, so if you came here for those you came to the wrong place. However if you would like a few words of wisdom and advice, I think I can help.
Life can’t be defined by any set of rules same as which not any one of us can be defined by a few words on a page. We all are unique just like our lives. So let’s live life to the fullest. Let’s try to accomplish what the others that came before us couldn’t. Let’s not give up because life got too tough. Let’s not let anyone judge us for who we are but what we accomplished. “Let’s be the change we want to see in the world.” (Gandhi)
Here are few words of wisdom that might be able to help you succeed in life. But none of them, or even anyone can help you unless you help yourself.

“The greatest danger to most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it but that it is too low and we reach it.” Michelangelo

“Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life” Confucius

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” Nelson Mandela

“If we all did things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves” Thomas Edison

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: The fear of failure” Paulo Coelho

“The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” Mark Zuckerberg