Stars and Stripes of Freedom | Teen Ink

Stars and Stripes of Freedom

November 5, 2015
By 6overstreet GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
6overstreet GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The United State’s flags stars and stripes remind me of the commitment, stories, and structure of the men and women who built America. The freedom we celebrate were once new beginnings, and that is the beauty of the flag.

The waving of the flag is the waving to the soldiers to their families as they bold the field where they fight our freedom. That is the beauty of the flag.

To realize what the American flag has to offer, open your eyes to everything that has been done for your freedom. Although the flag has an elegant parade of stars and stripes, there is so much more behind the design. The words; “And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.” are valuable reminders of the vigorous battles that took place so you and I could be so free.

In America, we have countless reasons to be grateful for the men and women who represent the fight that won over our country. The flag wasn't earned so we could waste our life complaining about how we aren’t free. Freedom may make us free, but it isn’t a freebie. Sometimes we forget to think about of the people buried under our feet so we could be free. They can’t have their lives back, so in their place, let us live to make our country something they would be proud of.