Glass Cup | Teen Ink

Glass Cup

November 2, 2015
By blade74 SILVER, Hemet, California
blade74 SILVER, Hemet, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You don't truly know yourself until the very end sence at this point you can't go on and change who you were, this is what death is about, not something to fear but a final lesson


A cup of water, half empty, or half full?  This has been viewed in many ways by many people. In my world a glass of water is not half full, but half empty, I see this through humanity and its  strive for peace. This is demonstrated by the way humanity wants freedom and peace but will only be able to achieve it through fear, death, war, and hatred.


For instance WW1 and 2 were both fought to better the human race, to liberate humans and achieve peace , but in order to achieve this they had to go through chaos and violence, and sure they met peace at the end. How many soldiers, citizens, children, sisters, brothers, mothers, and fathers had to have died before this “peace” arrived?No matter how “peaceful” a nation or a country is they won’t be able to share this “peace” with everyone.


Hatred and war can also be viewed as steps to peace that we as a species create. They are always a step toward peace, and this peace is just a short break before we keep walking upon these endless stairs and soon we will have gone too far and we will buckle under the exhaustion and the further we have gone, the harder we will come tumbling back down the same steps we ourselves have paved. Since we ourselves have paved these stairs we should be able to stop and live in “peace” right? Instead humanity is too arrogant to see this mistake and thus making all preventable wars happen and they leave us dreaming of a global peace. To speak of peace is as easy as to compare it to a forest. A single tree could take years to grow and for an entire forest it would take even longer centuries even, just like a forest it takes years, decades, even centuries to establish peace but both can be burnt down, in mere hours, and all it takes is a single candle, that may have been used to light the way for others, instead used for violence.


Sure there is much to be peaceful about in the world, but back to the cup, to the water at the bottom, to be able to reach it we must first face the empty void that comes before it and after a while the water will eventually be consumed or evaporated and all that will be left is an cold, empty, cup.


The author's comments:

This is my view and i want to see if others share it or apose it. If anyone wants to reach me my kik is tacosrmylif or through email angelchamu74@gmail.com/ angelchamu45@yahoo.com . My name is Angel.