We Are Oragami Paper | Teen Ink

We Are Oragami Paper

September 5, 2015
By howlingwolf BRONZE, Palo Alto, California
howlingwolf BRONZE, Palo Alto, California
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

In life, everyone starts of as a piece of origami paper. As this piece of paper, we can become anything. A crane, a flower, a lion, a dragon, or anything you set your mind to.

But wait, can everyone become anything?
Some pieces of paper start of a little differently than others. They may have a corner missing, or they may just be smaller. Other pieces start off scrunched and have wrinkles, while some have some stained spots.

These pieces of paper may feel inferior, because they are so unusual, compared to the flat, solid colored piece of paper that the majority of the world is. They may feel like they cannot grow to become as wonderful as the "normal" pieces of paper can.

However, even a crumpled piece of paper can be flattened with some hard work. Even a small piece of paper can be folded into a beautiful piece of origami. A piece of paper with stains is no less valuable than a solid one.

Yes, a flattened piece of crumpled paper will have creases that stay forever, but that does not affect the overall shape origami figure. The creases that last symbolize the hardships he paper had to go through and it makes them more unique.

There is not a single definition of success. A paper with a missing corner may never get to become the same things as one with a corner, even if the rest of the world is telling it to do so. That's okay. Everyone is on a different path, trying to figure out how to make themselves the best they can be.