PREACH: Is Perfect Really Worth It? | Teen Ink

PREACH: Is Perfect Really Worth It?

By Forever7 DIAMOND, Townsend, Delaware
Forever7 DIAMOND, Townsend, Delaware

Why be perfect? Is perfect really worth it? Why be perfect, when you can mess up, make mistakes and hurt inside? Why let people push you too far, why challenge others when you could be challenging yourself. Why be a person, who is flawless, someone who never learns? You know what... perfect isn't really that worth it. I rather make mistakes, say stupid stuff and hurt inside than crave perfection? I rather learn from mistakes, then regret them all in the end. Regretting things are just as silly as wanting and craving perfection. Now, why does everyone want to be so perfect, when you could be a teenager? People don't understand... the laughs, smiles, sadness and pain that shape us to who we really are. We're supposed to cry, and feel like we have absolutely nothing. We're supposed to have days where you want to punch everybody and in the face. We're are American, we are Italian, we are Polish, we are Hispanic, we are Asian, we are all human beings. It is supposed to be tough, and nothing is forever. Earth is like a battlefield, you have your looses and you have your wins and you definitely cannot have everything. You have to fight to have fun, and stick up for yourself it's not supposed to be easy to win. Why win, when you can cherish everything you gain from it? Is it really all worth the risk?