A Word of Advice for the Teenage Girl's Mind | Teen Ink

A Word of Advice for the Teenage Girl's Mind

By kllund BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota
kllund BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota

In today’s time being a teenage girl is hard. Many difficulties may come along. Sometimes just a couple words of encouragement will help.

First, don’t lose who you are to be someone you are not. It is hard to fit in but honestly, in 5 years it all won’t matter anymore. Be true to yourself. Don’t give up even when you have no fight left. Just give life everything you’ve got.

Next, don’t let those enemies get to you. Enemies need an excuse to be rude. They are just jealous of the person you are because they can’t be as great as you. Don’t let what they say bug you because you are the best version of yourself. There is no other you.

Lastly, Please, no matter what remember family should be over everything. I know it is hard to always put family first because sometimes you get lost in the things happening all around. Family is forever. The new person you met may or may not be a forever thing in your life. Do not put your life on hold just for one person. Also, put your school before that new person to because it sucks trying to play catch up and get back on the right track.

All in all, I know being a teenage girl is hard. Don’t fall through the cracks. Keep doing your best. You are the best version of yourself. I know everything will work out.

I have been through many difficulties in my life and I really want girls to know it is going to be okay.