The Value of Work Experience | Teen Ink

The Value of Work Experience

April 20, 2015
By Anonymous

Nowadays, there are a lot of phenomenons show that people can’t find jobs after they graduate. People could find jobs easily ten years ago if they were college graduates. At that time, there were only a few people could acquire knowledge in the college, so college graduates could have more  opportunities when they were finding jobs. I think that knowledge was power at that time, but now, it changes. The quantity of population is very huge but the opportunity of getting a job is almost the same. Therefore, a bunch of graduates will be unemployed; however,there is a kind of people  can get the jobs and earn money without too much college educational background.
   

Sometimes having experience makes benefits to us and we can know that going to college is not the only way to find a good job. For example, my aunt, Amy, is eight years elder than me and she got an ideal job now just with high school degree. After she graduated from her high school, she didn’t go to the university but got a job in a shop instead. Her work was easy and she only had to help others count the daily income. Then she resigned the job because she thought my mom’s company was better and she really wanted to join that company. She asked my mom if my mom could do something. Initially they didn’t employ people who only had high school degree. The reason why she got this job was because she had a valuable experience of counting so she is in the section of income now. Right now she has been working for about three years. Her high school’s classmates just graduate from the college and cannot find the job. This is what work experience benefits her. From my aunt’s experience, I think maybe I can also get a part-time job when I study in the university. In my opinion, get a job in the university period will benefit me in the future. Nowadays, there are too many graduates cannot find the find after graduate. The most reason of rejection is because that they don’t have enough experience. And more and more companies want their staffs have capacity. Therefore, if we have tried a job or several jobs, we will find a job easier than others.
   

Once I went to a lecture with my mom and it was held by Xiamen University. At that time I was just 14 years old. The topic was about the problem of unemployment rate. I was interested in this topic although I couldn’t understand all the content. The professor used a graph as an example to tell us that an increasing number of students can do nothing after they graduate. It sounded they had things to do but after graduation they did not. He also showed us some new ways to earn money which was called cyber marketing. Cyber marketing means that people sell their stuffs on the Internet. People can trade to each other freely on the Internet legally. For example, some people can make their own store in the Internet like Amazon and they can earn a lot of money if seller is smart. An intelligent seller will get to know what customers want so there will be a lot of transaction everyday. And this kind of people don't need to have college degree but just come up with some market idea.
   

There are other ways to live in society. Different people have different ways to live in the community. Sometimes we don’t need plenty of knowledge but use our brains to think up ideas. Then we can get our willing jobs and live well.


The author's comments:

Getting a job is an issue nowadays. People should focus on this problem.