The Pretty Girl | Teen Ink

The Pretty Girl

By KjustK BRONZE, Dhaka, Other
KjustK BRONZE, Dhaka, Other

Being simple is boring!

It was a rainy morning, I woke up late-my alarm clock suddenly decided to not wake me up today- and I rushed to the bathroom. I did not look at my face in the bathroom mirror because it disgusted me, not a delightful statement, huh? I had not even glanced at it for the past few months. My first stage to teenage-hood was not so appealing, why?
Because I never had what it takes (that’s what I thought)

From my perspective I was ugly and anti-social, in other words, just a pebble that was never noticed. That’s what everyone else thought so too. I always had my bangs up my face, trying to hide the demons (acne) that always took away my confidence. I always buried myself with books, it was the only way I could escape reality. It was my only friend.

I quickly grabbed my bag-pack and thankfully I was able to get on the school bus. As usual, my seat was reserved for me-the called it the loner seat- basically it was just me. Finally, we reached hell-as I call it- my school. It was crowded as usual, with so many students swirling like ants-here and there-but in the crowd a certain group always shined in everyone’s eyes. They were the beautiful, all polished, groomed to perfection a.k.a, the “Blah teens.” It was amazing just to watch them walk by the hall with five inch heels and with purses which they clutched closely to themselves. Everyone always had a stupendous face around them.

It was never a good day for me with them around and I was always inferior, which they took very much to their advantage. As I entered my classroom one of them walked up to me and said “hey look, it’s ugly-betty” saying that she knocked me over to the floor and nobody even bothered to reach out to me. I got up by myself anyways. I walked straight to my seat, which had all kinds of names written on it. I ignore it every time I see it, I was used to it. It’s not like a tear or two can fix everything, so I always gather the strength to calm myself, but inside I was burning with anger. The lectures go on and on, but their pranks and taunts never stopped, from hair pulling to pushing and so many other crap.

Then during break, I went to check my locker when I found a note. It said:

Hey you, you’re beautiful, it’s incredible just to see you so strong and head-up.
                                 I know it’s hard but don’t cry, okay? Move those bangs from your face and experience
                                 the world with those bright eyes, stand up to them, face them and be happy.
                                                                                              Love xoxo
                                                                                             Your well-wisher

I was frozen for a moment, but then a whirlpool of emotions came across me and I could not help but cry and I thought to myself, I was living the wrong way all along. This note changed me in that very moment and I realized that not everyone is the same, there are still many exceptional people out there. While I was enjoying my moment the “blah crew” walked up to me and snatched the note from me out of nowhere. Then they, gain, started making fun of me, the oh-so-princess said to me “quit living the dream ugly, this note has to be fake, there is no way you can be anything but a rotten banana peel” I gathered my courage and snatched the note back from her and said “ It was given to me unfortunately, unlike you I never asked for compliments and attention. I got this from a stranger but still I’ll treasure it, so if you’ll excuse me I need to go to the bathroom for a touch up” with that said the “blah crew” were officially mind blown. And I walked high and tall, with a smile on my face and with overwhelming confidence. Hence slowly, I became a different person with all the happiness I could ever ask for; happiness that was not fake but earned by me.

But to this very day I never found the person who sent me that note. If I do find this stranger I’ll be sure to give an honest feedback and status report.

Face your challenges, instead of hiding and fading away with the background. Yes, having a teenage life like this is hard, but it's your choice to think that way, so be positive and keep rocking!

KjustK BRONZE said...
on Apr. 24 2015 at 2:51 am
KjustK BRONZE, Dhaka, Other

Being simple is boring!

thank you and I'm glad you liked it

nivas said...
on Apr. 23 2015 at 5:03 am
good work,keep it up !!!wish to read more of u