Reach for the Stars | Teen Ink

Reach for the Stars

April 2, 2015
By SizzlingDiamond BRONZE, Kountze, Texas
SizzlingDiamond BRONZE, Kountze, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

  "Never let your head hang down.  Never give up and sit down and grieve.  Find another way.  And don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."

  While these are Richard M. Nixon's words, they mean a lot to me and the way I live my life.  Never giving up is one of the things my parents have instilled in me.

  They have taught me that no matter how hard the situation becomes you should always keep trying.  Many people now days tend to give up after their first try, but they don't know that if they keep trying, success will eventually come to them.  If you still fail even though you gave your best, always know that at least you tried.   

  Next time, when you face a situation just like that you will definitely succeed because, after all, everybody learns from their mistakes.  Many have failed in their life just because they gave up and never even tried.  There will be times when you think that particular situation is impossible, but without even trying, how could you determine that it's impossible.  Everything deserves a try.  So, keep trying till you succeed and keep your hopes alive.


The author's comments:

My name is Saniya  and I'm 13 years old. What inspired me to write this is that a lot of people nowadays tend to give up without even trying, just because they aren't succeeding. Therefore, my purpose of writing this essay is to motivate people to never give up and keep trying.