Quality Family | Teen Ink

Quality Family

December 4, 2008
By Mary Cherrington BRONZE, Columbia, Missouri
Mary Cherrington BRONZE, Columbia, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Big families are always full of excitement. Baseball games, piano lessons, band concerts, choir performances, and graduations are some of many attended events. My family, a mom, dad, two brothers, and two sisters, is very important to me. We are all very important parts of each others’ lives. My big family is special to me because of our cooperation, integrity, and good sportsmanship.

Every member of our family plays a big role of being cooperative. My parents get us places on time, they attend our events, and they support us very well. My oldest sister, Margaret, helps drive us around also, along with my sister, Liz. I, being the middle child stuck with two younger brothers, am stuck babysitting them and helping them with homework. My youngest brother, Will, is very funny and always knows when to help and when to play around. Dave, however, has a hard time with mixing those two up somehow. He helps out too, and that’s what makes our family so close and special.

My family’s integrity also plays as a big part of our lives. My oldest sister is a resident at Mizzou, and my other older sister is a senior at Hickman. We know our boundaries of what we can and can’t do, and all of us try our best to stay out of trouble. Our integrity has definitely made a large impact on our family member’s lifestyle choices.

Good sportsmanship is also important in our large family. We’re like a big team, and our seven players are all treated equally and loved the same amount. Nobody picks favorites or teams up on others. We all make the right choices for each other. Also, we don’t disclude anyone; everything is equal. Our seven good sports are all very kind to each other, and that is what makes us such a great team.

My teammates are very important to me. They have impacted my life in various ways, and I am very proud of what I’ve come to be. Every day we spend boring, exciting, happy, sad, funny, embarrassing, and angry times together, and that’s because we’re a family. Because of our wonderful parents, we have learned to just deal with life. Sometimes I think, “Why is my mom torturing me, making me watch my younger brothers?” but in the end it all really pays off.