Post Christmas Depression | Teen Ink

Post Christmas Depression

The Holidays seem to pass so quickly. As the holiday season has concludes, there is very little to look forward to at this point. No more holiday tunes to lift your spirits. Dumpsters full of Evergreens. No more fun. This is when the Christmas Depression sets in.
The holidays almost seem to provide a distraction from our ‘Normal Lives’.
There is always something to do during this time of the year. By the time January rolls around, this excitement has died down. You have to realize that you are not the only one experiencing this letdown. So what is it to look forward to? Valentines. St. Patrick’s day. Insanity? Not too much. Through all of this, there is hope.
The key is to keep your mind preoccupied. Planning fun activities with friends can be a simple and fun way to do things. If there is snow, make a fort. Or simply going shred the snow gnar. Maybe you just need some time to yourself and reading is a nice way to spend your time.
There are many possibilities, you just have to take the time to figure out what it is that you want to do and put forth a little effort. Best of wishes and stay happy!