window | Teen Ink

window

As I look out my window I see nothing but drugs, and violence. The major drugies, are on the corner of 4th and 5th tonight. My lullaby is the sound of gunshots, and laughter from the one's who fired them. I can hear the screams of my neighbor, while her boyfriends beater. The children stay in their room scared to move with their ears covered. Their eys are filled with terror and pain. They gaze to the sky in hope of a miracle to happen. This life, their life, everyone's life is in an undeclared war, that everyone see but just considers it gang violence. The cops don't come anymore, and no one is here to help. Just one day that's all I askimg for, is for all the innocent people along with myself wo be rescued from this war zone. Before, it's to late.

My reasoning for writing this is because I read the book Freedom writers. It opened my eyes to the world around me, and made me see what exactly was going on. However, this is not what I see when I look out my window, similar things take place. Whether it be inside closed doors or not, I know it's there.