Growing Up Too Fast | Teen Ink

Growing Up Too Fast

By Writer_in_neverland BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Writer_in_neverland BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Forget all the reasons it won't work and believe the one reason it will.

Have you ever realized how since children are able to walk and talk we groom them to become adults? With their toy cars and their fake jobs they play as games. Ever since we have the young ones we throw them into the adult world, without even realizing it half the time. Why can't they have a childhood, why do we all have to rush it?

When we put their little cars together and find it adorable when they are driving around like the silly little kids they are, we are basically preparing them to drive, at the age of three and up. That's just insane, but the biggest problem is we are completely oblivious to this!

I still remember when I was little all i wanted to do was play cashier and chef. That was like my whole life. Not really realizing that one of those things could be my job in such a short period of time. When you talk to a little kid they always say how they just wish they could grow up.

All the adults just smile down at them and say "give it time" or "trust me, don't rush it". But that's all this world does to us maybe not your parents, but the world as a whole just want our young ones to grow up.

But, why rush it...?

I was watching a tv show that talked about kids wanting to be older.