The 12 People | Teen Ink

The 12 People

By Jazzon BRONZE, Belgrade, Other
Jazzon BRONZE, Belgrade, Other

The 12 People

Greetings. You are currently reading this, which leads me into believing you are interested in what is written on these pages, and I am going to act like You really are. I am going to talk about emotions in a theory I've had in mind for quite some time but never thought carefully about typing it anywhere.
Listen to my words, and picture things exactly as I say it. There is a room, with 12 people in it. This room can have yellow, or any other color of walls, and it is up to you. In fact, everything I'm telling now is only for you to picture, because this room will be a mere spark of your own imagination, are you following me?
Okay, now let's proceed. These people are incredibly intelligent, they know they are being imagined by a person they can't communicate with, or can't even see, you understand that.
However, there is one person in this room, who is blind, can't hear, and is silent, therefore he cannot communicate with the rest of the people, but thanks to his other senses, he knows they are around him, and is still a decent human being, but basically, the only reason he is handicapped like this is because I don't want him to know of your existence, and I don't want him to be able to find out about it from the other 11 people.
I am going to ask you, the creator of these people, who you imagined so perfectly, that they should act exactly like real human beings from around the world you live in, what emotions do they feel. I want you to pick one person. We'll call him, Person A. Person A and the handicapped person who we recently talked about, can you describe their emotions in this case?
The person A, the one who knows of your existence, he is questioning everything about his own existence. Perhaps he would give up on life, knowing there is a being who is only imagining him, is that life worth living? The handicapped person is also questioning, but from a way further perspective. He doesn't know of your existence, therefore, life seems entirely real to him. Doesn't that sound odd?
With this, there is a question, how do we know we're not just imaginary, by what we refer to, as a god? If you were imaginary, just a spark in a much greater mind, would you even know it?
If you were imagined to be ignorant, to not be able to know of this being that created you, to be blind, not able to know anything about your own life Oregon or your very meaning to existence... Doesn't it make sense to you that we cannot prove this theory wrong? 
As someone ignorant and silent on this level, myself, just like any other human being, I can't tell you anything for sure. But what I can tell you is, think a little bit about this.
Okay, now I will introduce you to a third person in this room that is in your imagination. I'll refer to him as, person B. Person B knows he is imaginary, but his conscience doesn't allow him to make the right decisions in this situation. He believes with his soul and being he is real. He has faith in this world he lives in. His emotions are overwhelming his mind, and creating a fragile person who can't think straight out of him, though he might even be considered the most intelligent person in the room. He is sad, and disappointed, so he marches up and says: „No! I am not imaginary, I am a real human being!”.
Do you consider him to be stupid, or passionate now?
I'll tell you what I think of him. He made the wrong choice. Every human, by the way I see it, is a world of its own. We all live, but it is very certain that we can only trust ourselves the most. If we read in the newspapers that a person died, one that we do not know of, we might feel a little empathy. On the other hand, if our favorite book is lost, or our favor activity has to stop, if we were to be heartbroken, we would feel much sadder, wouldn't you agree? We need to realize the facts, and our emotions can come in a way of that.
Let me give you another example. Picture yourself in an elevator. You can't reach the button on the top of it, because you're too short. You can realize that. But now, picture yourself in the classroom, failing a subject. It is by my thoughts, that in 99% of the times, you will blame that fact on anything else rather than your own intelligence.
That's because, even if you might not think so, you are very self-centered and proud, and you won't let yourself get crushed by the facts that are clear. If you wanted to find out who committed some random murder, let's say, and the person who did it is someone close to you, yet, you don't want to believe that, you will ultimately fail the investigation because of the way your emotions were in front.
That's why, this person B made a very rational mistake most of us do every day, and that is, believing he is real, and stopped himself from questioning anything any more about you, his creator, because his emotions are preventing him from seeing the facts.
Emotions truly can be dangerous if they are not controlled. I believe that the single most genius mind on earth, would be someone completely emotionless.
I am now giving a person C, a forth person to your thinking. Person C knows of your existence, and somehow, you imagined him as the one who can somewhat have contact with you. It appears, that he knows exactly who you are and what is happening here.
Person C immediately comes to the rest of the people in the room, and starts telling them this story I am not telling you exactly the way I did it... But no one believes him!
People can't believe something they weren't able to experience, that would be the second flaw that is universal to all the humanity...
Could you?
Imagine you were told your loving uncle committed a suicide. Would you believe that without seeing it for yourself? Yes. Yes you probably would. Suicide, though a bit odd, is something you could have seen, thought about and even saw with your own eyes before. However, if someone was to come up to you and say, something you never could have experienced before, some idea your mind hasn't yet captured, for example...
“I just saw your uncle grow wings and fly!”
No matter who told you this, if he was serious or not, or even if you would believe this person and rely on him for anything, you would still need a proof to entirely believe him, wouldn't you?
Put yourself in the position of person C now. How do you think he can prove that he actually was the one chosen to see you? No one else did. How do you think his conversation would go?
There are religions, yes. Millions of people believe in the revival of Jesus, in existence of a God who is often pictured as a polite old grandpa with long white beard, a lot of people believe in hell and heaven. How do I explain this?
They didn't see Jesus actually come out of his grave, it's a big question if anyone actually did. Yet, they have faith in it. Why so?
I have another theory.
What do you think will the rest of the people react to after a statement like this from the person C:
“I saw the god who imagined us! If you don't believe me, you will all go to a dark and scary place after your death! If you do, you will go to heaven.”
Okay, now, people have nothing to loose by believing he actually saw you, do they? Death is certain, we all await it. Yet, Heaven isn't, and if there is a slight chance that people who do not believe he actually saw you will get punished in any way, why would they take a risk?
I am going to introduce you to a rest of the people in this room, people D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L. The people D to J realize there is no risk in simply having faith in the intelligence of the person C. Person L though, he thinks that is deadly. Person L cannot see you, but you imagine person L as someone who is without a doubt the most genius person in this room. He could pretend he believes in you, but with the C's theory of Heaven and Hell, it is safe to assume that it's not about pretending. It's about actual faith. And L can't be forced into believing something he never saw, he is thinking like a true materialist on one hand, but on the other, L knows you do exist, just like every person from A to J.
As someone who is the smartest of them all, L can actually borrow your intelligence in this case. What would you believe in, if you weren't really self confident as you are. Picture yourself as completely with no bond with your own body. You do not care about your own future or past, your own faith, all you care about is the truth. That might be the best way to come up with a solution.
And now, what If I told you, you were actually that first blind person, who does not know you are only being imagined, and so are all the other people. What if I told you, you have to scratch the surface of the greater being's possible existence a bit more to even find out what is your very purpose in life?
Would you do it, with the help of this theories?The 12 People

Could you?
I have another theory.

Could you?
I have another theory.

Could you?
I have another theory.

Could you?
I have another theory.
Would you do it, with the help of this theories?

Alex said...
on Mar. 12 2015 at 2:11 pm
You've got talent!!!!Realy great story!Keep writeing

Elly said...
on Mar. 12 2015 at 2:09 pm
I realy love it

Maya said...
on Mar. 12 2015 at 1:59 pm
WOW!!!!You got a talent!!!!Good for you!Wish to read something more from you

Miki said...
on Mar. 6 2015 at 1:17 pm
Excellent!!!!

mark said...
on Mar. 6 2015 at 1:04 pm
Bravo!!!!Excellent!!!!