What Matters Most | Teen Ink

What Matters Most

By Will Petty BRONZE, Honoraville, Alabama
Will Petty BRONZE, Honoraville, Alabama

Life is full of tough decisions. There are many roads you can choose to take. As time goes on even more paths open up. Some become more popular and some fade away. In the end, there is only one true path your life should take. What matters most to me is my relationship with Jesus Christ.

Since I was born my parents have been guiding me in the right direction. They have stressed the importance of going to church and reading the bible. So I have been blessed and have had a wonderful time as a child. At the age of twelve I became a Christian and was baptized. Since then I have tried to strengthen my relationship with Jesus Christ daily.

When you go through life with no true purpose you tend to lose hope and feel lost. But it does not have to be that way. Following Jesus Christ lets you know hat your life does matter. He loves everyone, and therefore cares enough to watch over you and take care of you. So life does have a purpose and a goal.

Everyday I believe it is important to keep in mind how important it is to follow Him. It seems like the day just goes easier in that mindset. The best times are when you can see the hand of God working in special ways in your daily life. Things connect and make sense all of a sudden and it all seems to work out. Being a Christian is never easy, but it is fulfilling.

I love my family very much and they are very important to me. But if it were not for God they would not even be around. So that makes my relationship with Him the most important thing. And sometimes I do not try as hard as i should to strengthen that relationship. But I always strive to make it what I love the most all the time.