Horrible Technology | Teen Ink

Horrible Technology

December 12, 2014
By BibianaJRodriguez BRONZE, Stockton, California
BibianaJRodriguez BRONZE, Stockton, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Nabo is the top company that sells electronics and technological devices. The company's stocks were through the roof during Christmas season. Nabo is popular for their devices and robots. Of course, the workers at Nabo are paid around $750,000 a year. 

People bought robots to help them out with chores around the house and whatever they needed. The robots are not to be used as a personal servant because then it will go into overdrive. Susie is a student at Stuyvesant High School and her friends are always getting the next popular device out there. Her school even had electronic textbooks instead of paper textbooks. She asked her mom if she was able to get the new Uphone before her friends did.


“Sweetie,” her mom, Carrie, said, “ if you pay for it I’ll get it for you.”
“Ok, I’ll give you my allowance tomorrow. Is that okay?” said Susie.


“Yes, we’ll go get it tomorrow afternoon,” replied her mom, Carrie. The next afternoon Susie and her mom came home and she called her friends right away. The day she went to school her friends thought she was so cool because she got the phone the day it got released. At lunch they were talking about the technology convention that’s going to happen next week.


When Susie and her mom went to the convention they met so many people that are as interested in technology as them. They also, saw many new inventions.


“Mom, look it’s a robot that could help you out with chores around the house!” said Susie.
“That’s incredible, I could use that since you’d rather play games and be on the phone than helping me around the house,” Carrie said.
“ Look, they even have a printer that can print out edible pizza! I want to go try it,” Susie said as she was  already running towards it. As Susie was trying the printable pizza, Carrie looked for someone that was also fascinated with the inventions. 
“ Hello, my name is Carrie, these new inventions are pretty cool, don’t you think?” Carrie asked.
“Hi, I’m Maggie, and yes these inventions are incredible,” said Maggie.
“All of these are made by different companies, correct?” asked Carrie.
“Yes, and if not a company a different inventor." said Maggie.
“So what type of technology do you own?”
“I own the Urobot that they have displayed over there.”
“Oh really, how is that working out for you?”


“It is very useful around the house, I’ll see you around, I’m going to keep looking.” Susie walked back to her mom and told her how good that printable pizza was. While walking around Susie bumped into someone.
"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump you," said Susie.


"Oh no, it's okay I didn't see you there. My name is Sarah, and you?" Said Sarah.
"My name's Susie. What's your favorite invention so far?" asked Susie.
"Well, I own a laptop by Nabo and I think that is pretty cool," said Sarah.


"Oh yeah, I heard that sounds fun to use."
"Yes, yes it is. If you don't mind I'd like to walk around more. I'll see you later."
"Of course, of course I'll see you soon."


As soon as Sarah had walked away almost every piece of technology went off and began to go crazy. The URobot started to throw objects at people, the pizza printer began to make 15 pizzas every 10 seconds, the laptop screen started to flicker from website to website, and the UPhones started to catch on fire. People were beginning to think that this was some kind of prank a teenager was trying to pull. What they didn't know that was Nabo spent so much money coming up with an idea for their designs that they had to hire a cheap company to make the devices.


"You can't always rely on technology now a days," said Carrie.
"Yeah, I guess you’re right mom. Maybe we're just making new inventions these days that are so unuseful at times we don't focus on what really needs fixing," said Susie.


"Great sweetie, now you get the picture."
"Now let's get out of here before it gets any worse."