Types of Boys | Teen Ink

Types of Boys

December 7, 2014
By adpuplover98 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
adpuplover98 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be you unless you suck."


  Boys, boys, boys. So many to choose from, but they never seem to be the right guy. In high school there are three types of boys you will come across. Of course these boys can't help they're that way, but we girls do notice. First you have the sticky boys, then there's the jokesters, the awko-tacos and lastly the dreamy boys. None of these types of boys are particularly bad, but there is a definite distinction between them. In all honesty, I would say that boys in high school don't deserve the time or day from girls and the real gems are going to be the boys in college.


Sticky Boys
    The sticky boys in other words would be the clingy type that get emotionally attached to you and all you did was one project with them. They will not leave you alone even if you ignore them. They will send you various random messages just to be able to talk to you. If you're too nice to these types of boys they will think that you like them. It's always awkward when a sticky boy tells you they like you, but all you can say back is "Gee thanks!" These boys will attach emotional bonds to you that will be as hard to break as a titanium rod. A girl won't even realize a boy is sticky until they are stuck. Trust me, I've had my turn with sticky boys. That seems to be the only guys that are attracted to me. One time I had a class with this kid named Alex. We were really good friends, but then he started telling me how much he cares about me and that he was starting to like me. I made the huge mistake of telling him I liked him back just because I didn't know what to say. He kept texting me nonstop and I felt bad not replying so I ended up just leading him on. He asked me to prom and I avoided him all night. I was totally stuck and sticky boys just have a way of doing that. They'll pull you in with a sob story about how girls don't like them or they have a rough life. Then you feel bad for them and want to be there for them but not in a relationship. Finally they take that the wrong way and it feels like you got buried alive and you have no way out. With these types of boys they end up in what they think to be the friendzone, really quick. Let's get one thing straight. There is no such thing as a friendzone. Just because a girl doesn't want to date a boy doesn't automatically put them in the friendzone, it just means they don't want to date you. So boys who think they are in the friendzone, get over yourself and realize not every girl you meet is going to like you right off the bat.

 

Jokesters
    Goofy jokes, good times, and all laughs. That's what you're getting into with a jokester. Now these are the types of boys can lighten the mood in any room! The one down fall to these laugh masters is they can be the most annoying people in the world at times. I have jokesters in every single one of my classes. They try to get the spotlight on them and take jokes way too far. Now most of the class laughs alongside of them at the beginning because it's funny. However, these kids take the joke so far you start to forget why you thought it was funny in the first place. Funny boys, are the boys you will end up falling in love with because they're personality makes them more attractive to you. I couldn't tell you why but I've been caught in a funny boys trap before. One time I went to a dance with this guy I really liked. He was funny, cute, nice, the whole package. At the dance he was trying to impress everyone else so much and was trying to be funny so hard, he totally ignored me. It was the most annoying thing I have ever been through. I regretted going to the dance with him and I regretted ever liking him.

 

Awko-Tacos
Awko-taco boys make you want to run away and never look back. They are those awkward boys that think they’ve got game, but they make every situation awkward and super creepy. They can’t help it. They think they are doing the right thing but everyone can see their potential of an ultimate creep as soon as they open their mouth. If an awkward boy falls for you, you’ve got a big storm coming and there is nothing you can do about it. Just like the sticky boys, an awko-taco will be so clinged to you. All I can say is good luck pulling that sucker off.

 

Dreamy Boys
      A dreamy boy would fit into a category with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and Tom Cruise. They are boys that are fine as heck. I would put them all in the category of popular, muscular, tall, dark, and handsome. I'm not sure about the tall and dark, but definitely handsome. When they sneeze you can't even say bless you because it's clearly obvious The Lord has already blessed them indefinitely. A dreamy boy will make your heart throb, your stomach to have butterflies, and your brain turn into mush. The sad thing about this type of boy, especially at Sandra Day O'Connor High School, there are only a select few and the average girl like me won't ever get a chance. When I was a Freshman I lived in California. My best friend there had an older brother named Peter and I just though he was the cat's meow.  Every time I would go to my friend’s house I would try to talk to Peter, but I could never get words out. Finally the day before I moved to Arizona I wrote him a note saying that I loved him and we were getting married. It's been pretty awkward ever since. Because of the lack of dreamy boys and the lack of attention you receive from them, no one. The only girls that do get dreamy boys don't deserve them at all.


The author's comments:

My english teacher had us classify anyhting that we wish to classify so I decided to classify the types of boys I see at my school. A little disclaimer, not all boys are categorized into these specific categories.