Inspire | Teen Ink

Inspire

By Olaf.lover GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia
Olaf.lover GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

I have always wanted to inspire someone. I want to be remembered by someone, anyone. I have many talents, but am not good at any one thing. I try and do a lot of things, but I don’t want to be popular. I strive to get good grades but I am not a perfect student. I have never really done anything other then average. I do cool projects, but my teachers never really see how complex they really are.
I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis this summer. That is when my whole life crashed. I am a very athletic person and now I can’t do half the things I love. I have tried everything to make my foot better but it is at a plateau. All my hopes of inspiring someone crashed.
I loved doing many things that I could not do anymore. I got yelled at because I can’t run. I could not play capture the flag in gym anymore. (Everyone loves that game.) My whole life seamed to flash before my eyes. It taunted me. Everything seam to go by so fast around me, but I was stuck in slow motion.
I needed to escape. I took latterly the first thing I could get. My teacher said I could write. I wanted to believe her. I wrote a few things, they were ok. I slowly began to believe her.  She said the same things to others. I was ok with that; other can be good as well. Also anyone can have 1 or 2 good writings. I kept writing though. I realized that maybe I might be good at one thing.
Just as things seemed to be getting nice, things went bad. I realized that people might think I am trying to be popular, because I am in so many different extra things. My friends were all mad at each other. I seamed to start fading away from them. I was lonely, and no one would be coming back to help me. Then if things weren’t already bad, my friends turned on me. I was sad and I had to take it out somehow.
I didn’t have anyone to go to so I went to writing. I have a million quotes and stories written on anything pens can show up on. I was in my own little world for a while. I became really board and my parents didn’t want me spending another weekend in my room by my self. I texted one of my friends and we go together. We talked about everything. It felt amazing to talk to a friend and just have them lesson.  I started e-mail with her and now we share quotes online.
I came across one quote and I learned that I don’t have to inspire anyone, but just bringing everything to the table. Maybe something good will work out. I don’t care anymore about what others think of me. I found the little plant hiding in me and I am learning how to care for it. I hope that one day someone like me will read this and know you don’t have to be good at anything, whatever you have is most probably enough. 

“Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.”

on Dec. 28 2014 at 10:39 am
ProfessionalJaywalker GOLD, Rockville, Maryland

"Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore." -Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451)

Awww, that's great! I feel like I learned so much about you in that short article. And I can really relate to the message you're trying to send. Please keep writing!