Breath of Reality | Teen Ink

Breath of Reality

By destiny44 SILVER, Niagara On The Lake, Other
destiny44 SILVER, Niagara On The Lake, Other

"Distance is just an obstacle. Everything that is true, climbs the summit. Touches the sun and comes back down." -Destiny

In a normal lifetime, an individual takes about 600 000 000 breaths. That's a lot. isn't it? 

Maybe you don't think so because its not 600 000 000 of something you care a lot about. But if it were 600 000 000 dollars, you'd be jumping for joy. But since it's breaths, you don't care much right?

You should because some people dont have 600 000 000 breaths. They might only get half or even a quarter becaause they dont believe that they are worth 600 000 000 breaths or that they dont deserve that many. 

But they do. Everyone deserves at least 600 000 000 breaths in their life, even more. And while these people don't get 600 000 000 breaths, others are wasting theirs, belittling others. Wasting their precious, special breaths. Wasted on unuseful, harmful, unnessessary coments and insults.

So the nest time, you open yourr mouth to insult someone. Consider that you are wasting your breath and consider that saying anyhting could be increasing someones breath count in their life.