Police | Teen Ink

Police

By NarekA BRONZE, Glendale, California
NarekA BRONZE, Glendale, California

Police. They are a controversial topic right now; funny enough, the news (the ones on television anyway) don't ever talk about them in any way other than how they’re the ones being "abused".  Not surprising, since we all know that T.V news are controlled by the government, and if there is something going on that criticizes their police, you can be sure the only place you can read about it is the internet. I won't lie, there are fake news channels on the internet. But the ones that are legit are the ones that actually have their own workers and reporters. InfoWars, for example. They have many videos on YouTube covering police. One of their videos talks about one of the many times police have abused people who had done nothing wrong. One story in particular was about a man, a homeless man, who was sitting on the sidewalk when a police officer confronted him. When the man (Kelly Thomas) wouldn’t respond, the officer tased him. I know it sounds like something’s missing, but that’s exactly what happened. As if that wasn’t enough, the officer and his donut-filled partner put their knees on his back, of course right after they face-planted him, and leaned all their weight on him. Then three MORE jelly-sweating cops join the dogpile, sitting on the poor man like he was a chair. The sad part of it was, they were doing this all while Kelly was crying for his daddy. They were yelling at him to “calm down.” CALM DOWN?? This is a video I am describing, by the way. He was so mangled getting him to the hospital was no use. He passed away three days later. It turns out, he was schizophrenic. He was naturally unresponsive. But because the homeless man didn’t comply, because he didn’t reply, he was brutally attacked by the same people who are supposed to protect us. The SAME people who swore an oath to protect us and our constitutional rights. It sickens me that they have practical impunity from the law.

The YouTube channel InfoWars inspired me to share what's going on with the police lately.