Prophesy Withdrawls | Teen Ink

Prophesy Withdrawls

November 20, 2014
By kirsten.oates BRONZE, Peachtree City, Georgia
kirsten.oates BRONZE, Peachtree City, Georgia
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

People always say “Man, I wish I would’ve known that would happen.”
Or “If I knew that, I wouldn’t have done that!”
Kind of ironic, isn’t it? Basically, one of the main things our “amazing technology” of the century hasn’t made yet is determining the future.
That’s kind of the point, right?
Now, don’t get me wrong or anything, technology is great. I love my phone and social media, etcetera, etcetera. But, with all the improvements, I think we are expecting too much. It’s supposed to “make our lives easier”, not decide our lives.
If you had known what would happen if you did something, would you still continue on?
Hard to say.
Life would get pretty boring if we always knew what we were doing. Where’s the fun in that? If you never made a mistake, what would there be a 2nd chance for?
We wouldn’t even be human beings anymore. A human with no mishaps?
I think not.
Honestly, I think we should stop looking for shortcuts and just do.
We shouldn’t be so serious about all of our decisions.
This is our chance to live. Don’t regret, learn. That’s another thing technology missed out on including to make.
Wisdom.
Take advantage of it.
I mean its life. You won’t make it out alive.