Real or Not Real? | Teen Ink

Real or Not Real?

November 18, 2014
By queen_ella GOLD, Middelburg, Other
queen_ella GOLD, Middelburg, Other
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
humans are capable and worthy .


i remember how in pre-school our teachers would talk about day and night. how the sun and moon had this magical schedule, friendship, understanding. one rests. one stays up. right?

wrong.

in high school i learnt the truth. how the sun and moon are two peas in a twisted pod. they both give light to the same mirror, but different reflections. the moon gives light to the exhausted, questioning, empty beings. the sun gives light to pretenders, cover-ups..a make-up based society. and she knows it. thats why she grants our shadows to exist; so we can confide in them while she eavesdrops.

the moon allows the shadows to spread across the globe like doctors after a disaster/ attack. the shadows know the world's sugar coated secrets and the sun hates it. left without a choice, she turns away. leaving the shadows to conquer the restless minds of the lost. give company to the broken hearts, disappointed beings and unforgiving thoughts. the sun is unable to watch her seeds struggle while still in her womb; filled with pain, she leaves.

its with this that i understood that darkness has no favourites. its everywhere. knows what the sun cant deal with. the truth behind our torture:

our addiction to self destruction. the amusement we find in our scars. the demons that capture our souls and control our minds ( freeing us from the cages we stay locked up in during their absence). contained.

we trust the dark more. confide in it more. appreciate it more because its always here; never abandons ; never judges. it doesnt go around spreading what our minds shout to it every night.

the rivalry between light and dark. sun and moon.

make sense?


The author's comments:

just one of those 2am thoughts.