Gun Control: Retna Scan | Teen Ink

Gun Control: Retna Scan

November 5, 2014
By Pieric123456789 SILVER, West Windsor Township, New Jersey
Pieric123456789 SILVER, West Windsor Township, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 3 comments

To whom it may concern,

Gun control is a dire topic, and one that needs to be touched upon. Children aren’t usually threats, but when they accidentally find gun, and are oblivious to it’s power, there is little we can do to stop a tragedy. A girl fatally shooting her instructor in the head with an auzi. a five year old shooting and hurting a three year old friend. The children go from being innocent and naive kids, to accidental killers. There is no doubt that they will be scarred for life. But with Kai Kloepfer’s new invention, it will make it impossible for these kids to shoot anyone. I think that his new invention can change the world for the better. We can’t rid the world of guns yet, but this is the next  best thing. Especially when the user can program new users into it, this makes guns safer than ever. Children can still use these guns, but only if the user programs their fingerprint into it. And i doubt that any parent would do that. There are more deaths by guns on teenagers and kids, than the number of casualties of the Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam combined. But this gun can change that. With the easy and user friendly fingerprint scan.  But like the iphone 5s, this new invention could benefit the world, and can stop a carefree child from becoming something bad. But I do have one question though. If Kai Kloepfer has only one gun, how will it be mass produced? Can it be? I think it’s very important that it should be. If it is, police will be able to register their own fingerprint, so it can’t be used in the wrong hands. This new invention will not only help kids, it will also help the police department.

Sincerely, Eric Mabry