Men Are Dogs | Teen Ink

Men Are Dogs

September 22, 2014
By megmcg2718 BRONZE, New Milford, New Jersey
megmcg2718 BRONZE, New Milford, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." -Robin Williams


In today's world, there is a very thin line between cautiousness and what is perceived as misandry.


If a woman is attacked by a pit bull, that animal is taken away, or put down, and it is extremely understandable for that woman to forevermore declare that she is terrified of pit bulls and cannot be around them.


However, if a woman is attacked, molested, or even raped by a man, she is never allowed to utter the words "I am afraid of men". That is too harsh of a statement, and men find themselves defensive and even angry at that woman. "how dare she insult my sex, we aren't all bad. If a woman robbed me I wouldn't be afraid of all women". As if getting abused, and forcibly penetrated is the same as having a phone stolen.  but that attacker is not likely to be given the appropriate punishment for his actions. Everyone will most likely find an excuse "she was wearing almost nothing!" "she was out past dark" "she was all alone" or even "she knew him"


But all of these excuses are bullshit.


This is why men are like pit bulls.


There are good pit bulls, who make excellent pets, great with kids, a sweet loving part of the family who wouldn't hurt a fly. Just like there are perfectly amazing men, who would never dream of bringing harm to a lady.


But there are also bad pit bulls who are just waiting for prey or a reason to attack. They wait eagerly, because they know something weak will come along for them to play with. Just like there are men who wait in alleyways for women walking home at night, or in clubs waiting to spike some girls drink, or a neighbor who watches a single mother come home every day, waiting for an opportunity to strike.

And it all comes down to background. A pit bull raised in a good home and taught how to behave around people is good, just like a man who was taught to never touch a woman who didn't want to be touched, and never to decide for himself whether or not she did.


And a pit bull taught to fight, and to disregard any other living thing grows to be a killer. Like a boy who is taught "a girl is here to make boys happy" or "the man is the dominant one in relationships" or even "you need to take charge, she really does want it" will grow up to be the scum of the street.

 

A pit bull will attack at any time of day, no matter what the victim is wearing, no matter who the victim is with, or even if they know the victim.


A rapist will rape a woman at any time of day, no matter what the woman is wearing, no matter who the woman is with, and they will rape a woman that they know and it will STILL be rape.


Don't make excuses for rapists and don't feel like you have the right to tell any woman how to feel after she is physically abused by a man, you will never understand the psychological damage she is going through.
A woman who is afraid of a man has a reason to be afraid. She does not hate men because she is stupid or sexist and she certainly is not someone to attack with your hurtful words.


A woman who is afraid of men should not be the one we need to interrogate, the men who instill the fear in her are.