Unseen love | Teen Ink

Unseen love

September 6, 2014
By Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
15 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imagination is moreimportant than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."- Harold R.McAlindon


Do you believe people can be totally unaware that they are in love? I believe that, because it’s happened to me. I always thought I loved somebody if everything felt perfect. But lately I’ve come to realization that maybe it isn’t so. Just because it feels perfect in the moment it doesn’t mean you love that person. Crushes are different; I have had many crushes that have maybe lasted a few weeks or months. But that doesn’t mean I love everyone I had a crush on. It’s the long lasting things that are important.

I think perfect and right are also two different things, it may feel perfect as in “head over heels”, but then there is a point when it feels right. Realizing you love somebody can be hard and take a long time, but you may realize too late that you love somebody, then you walk around thinking “what if’s” and “could I have” etc. Sometimes you find yourself loving the wrong person and the worst times.

This friend and I have a long and tensed history; we have been through a lot together. I realize when he tells me he likes somebody else I get very jealous and I have this annoying thought in the back of my head that he doesn’t like me anymore. But that’s not true of course, he still likes me just not in the way I want him to. And I can’t blame him, he liked med longer than I deserved and I never once realized I had fallen in love with him. With him everything is right, not perfect every day, someday are perfect and definitely some moments. But I want to believe what we have is real. He isn’t afraid to tell me his opinion when I have a different one, he corrects me but doesn’t think I’m stupid. We can argue about the littlest of thing, and he can be extremely stubborn. Despite all this he is wonderful, he’s nice, protective, smart, comforting, and confident and he takes care of people. I know with him I can talk about anything, I always have a shoulder to lean on. He has been there for me in hard times, and I feel like I can trust him with anything. He is my best friend and I love him.

Love is a mysterious thing, and it likes rearranging our lives. Some see love and grab it, some don’t even realize what is handed to them on a silver platter. Foreseeing love is hard in some cases and easy in others. This was something I did not foresee. This was definitely unforeseen love.

There is a very nice quote which goes “your first love isn’t always the first person you kiss, or first person you date. Your first love is the one you will always compare everyone to. The person that you will never truly get over, even when you’ve convinced yourself you’ve moved on.” – Blacklillians 


The author's comments:
"I love him"