Regret: The Inevitable | Teen Ink

Regret: The Inevitable

August 26, 2014
By LilJaybird GOLD, Andalusia, Illinois
LilJaybird GOLD, Andalusia, Illinois
18 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed 98 and 3/4 guaranteed


Have you ever felt that at one point in your life you were doing everything right and that nothing you ever say or do would be wrong. But within a period of time you look back and just simple with that you had one chance, one more chance to change that and make your life a little bit better. I know that I’ve always wanted to, I would probably give the world in order to change some things, but the fact of the matter is that you just can, and even if you could do you really truly think it would change a thing.

Lets say that all you ever did was party, drink, and go out with your friends, you never studied and completed little to no work, this outcome being that you failed high school. Now you have a crap job but you're trying to straighten yourself out and get your GED. You regret everything.

Now let say you’re a good student, top 15 in your grade even. You go to school, study, get good grades. You’ve never laid a hand on alcohol (except for that one time at your aunts wedding your parents let you have a small glass of white wine). You’ve never smoke and you are cleaner down there than the Pope. you go to college and end up with a small box office job. But you feel like you’ve missed out on the basic joys of being a teenager, party, joyriding, and being a stupid goofball in general.

So I suppose what I’m trying to say is regret is inevitable. No matter what you do in life you are going to regret, and you’re probably going to do it a lot, it’s just something that comes along with being human. So now that you know this I’m kinda going to flip-flop on you. What I’ve been thinking lately is regret is going to happen no matter what we do, why regret at all. If you know you're going to regret a decision no matter what one you make,why let it get to you, why not simply accept that choice as part of your reality, because if regret is inevitable, why not just make the best you can with the choices you made.