Turn Off Technology | Teen Ink

Turn Off Technology

By abria BRONZE, Le Claire, Iowa
abria BRONZE, Le Claire, Iowa

dont wait for the perfect moment take the moment and make it perfect!!!!!!

Dear readers of teenink,

My name is Bri.Im a 7th grader.I like to play vollyball.I will be discussing about why teens should trun off there technology for a day.This important because teens have been slacking in school and at diffrent activites.This should matter teens because you want to beable to graduate and go to a good collage.You want to beable play sports and not have to sit on the bench because of the bad grades your getting.You want to stay healthy and be able to get off the couch without help.

I think that if you turn your technology off for a day you would have more time with different activities..Children and teens should engage with entertainment media for no more than one or two hours per day, and that should be high-quality content(source 3). It is important for kids to spend time on outdoor play, reading, hobbies, and using their imaginations in free play(source 3).Children and teens should concentrate more on outdoor activities than spending time online.The technology is taking away kids free time.personal example is that I used to spend so much time on social media that i was lacking in my sports.

You can more concentration and have less health issues.Studies have shown that excessive media use can lead to attention problems, school difficulties, sleep and eating disorders, and obesity(source 2).Technology causes to become unhealthy and have a difficulty in school(source 2).So technology affects your school work and ability to focus on just that instead of media.many health problems our issued know world wide mainly because of technology. Kids don't concentrate on school anymore because technology.

While I agree with claim,that technology can be helpful for teens at school its weak because you're only using the technology for texting or snapchatting. You could use your phone for math like for a calculator but many students don't use it for that reason.

What I want to happen is that teens and kids we turn off al technology once a week and go outside for 60 min.Maybe once a day or for a whole week but i really just want once a week because I know some teens aren’t going to do it for a whole week.I just want teens more active than spending there time outside than on technology.It would be helpful for there parents to.Thank you for your time.It means alot.

Yours truly,

Bri