Girls | Teen Ink

Girls

May 14, 2014
By -emma- GOLD, Miami, Florida
-emma- GOLD, Miami, Florida
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm like a child who belongs to nobody
~Lana Del Rey~


Estrogen and X chromosomes is what makes us up, along with lipstick and mascara. We have established the power of the fluttering eyelashes to get our way, the motherly instinct to protect our young, the pains of cramps to stay in bed all day. We can confuse men into getting what we want when we want it, with a little help of PMS. Some people choose to look at the pessimistic side of being a girl, but in reality estrogen can get us a long way.

Down to getting free drinks, to getting out of speeding tickets. With a little bit of lipstick and perfume things come a long way. As ladies we never share everything, we need to keep men on their toes. Keeping them curious and having a little mystery. As women we have days when we can cry when the leaves fall, to being so confident that even the incredible hulk would be intimidated by us.

All girls are simple in the sense that they are all complicated. No man can ever figure us out. We are more complicated to be figured out than a dyslexic trying to figure out the periodic table. Our feelings change like seasons. Sometimes we are happy, sad, mad, agitated. This is the reason why boys don’t mess with us because they never know which mood we are in because they are always confused.

We are generally givers who have much love to share, but cross us once and you will forever be sorry. We don’t forgive easy and you best believe we never forget. Girls keep an imaginary toll on everybody and everything that has done them wrong and revenge is out to seek them. Some men believe in karma, girls believe in doing it themselves to make sure the job is done right,

As girls we have a classy reputation that’s as clean as a freshly cleaned crystal, but what men often do not know is that we have a hidden agenda. We know how to cover up our tracks and make it seem as an accident. And don’t forget we travel in packs so it’s a double whammy. You can tell a lot by a girl by the way she applies her makeup, her perfume, and definitely her clothes.

When a girl cakes up her face with make up and shows too much skin she lacks self- esteem and is seeking for security. Other women keep a natural look with either a little or no make up at all. Their clothing shows of their curves but never over exposing. That is a sign of a confident independent women who is looking for what she expects to get.

Perfume is the cherry to the equation. If she wears heavy scented perfume she is sexy and leading more to the serious side. Light scented perfumes expresses that she is cute and has a bubbly personality. Every girl has their own sense of fashion, pay close attention to detail and you can conclude to what type of girl she is. As ladies we should always keep our heels high and our standards higher.


The author's comments:
Girls have a big advantage on life that is sometimes over looked. Believe it or not we have a lot more power than we think, I mean after all it is called girl power.