Juniors Steal Prized Parking Spots | Teen Ink

Juniors Steal Prized Parking Spots

By Kristine.Kwon GOLD, Shoreline, Washington
Kristine.Kwon GOLD, Shoreline, Washington

never give up, never regret

“Firstly, is anyone holding anything sharp?” asked Dean of Students Walter before he cautiously stepped on the stage to make his announcement. It was the first assembly of the school year. Students still wearing their summer dresses and flip-flops, excitedly shared their summer stories. The air was still filled scent of freshly cut grass; the students brought the blazing sun into the founder’s hall for the first assembly of the year. Little did the seniors know that a storm of the darkest kind was waiting for them.

Mr. Jackson said, “This school year, the seniors will share the parking lot spaces with the juniors. There will be no special assigned spaces for the seniors.”

Immediately, the seniors jeered. Gasps and boos were in order. Students faced each other and let out exaggerated “whats?” The whimsical, light air was no longer. As students went home after classes that day, life seemed normal.

The real trouble was the next morning. Senior, ___arrived a little late to school that day and pulled up her into her usual parking space in front of the library window. There she found a ugly green Volvo in her way. At first she was surprised, then she remembered Mr.Jackson’s announcement she thought, “Wait, this is actually happening? He was serious?” Then, she had no choice, she had to find another space.

After driving around for a full, dragging forty five seconds, she was forced to settle for a spot in the farthest side of the dahl field parking lot. As she was walking back towards school, her backpack seemed a heavier than usual, maybe she should have left the calculus book home. Her agitation was growing with each droplet of rain that fell on perfectly straightened hair, making it frizzy and wet. When she finally arrived at school after the strenuous walk of sixty extra meters , she could only think of revenge.

She grabbed a rock and what she did with it , only the owner of the green Volvo will know.

Article about Highschool Life