Words Intended to Inspire: My Thoughts On Conformity | Teen Ink

Words Intended to Inspire: My Thoughts On Conformity

By Neon_Gypsy_Blood BRONZE, Idaho Falls, Idaho
Neon_Gypsy_Blood BRONZE, Idaho Falls, Idaho

Do or do not, there is no try.
~Master Yoda~

I’m once again stuck in class waiting to have a test unlocked, bored out of my mind. I can’t stand it in here at all. It’s hot and quiet. The kind of quiet that is irritating and strict. Suffocating almost. It’s bothersome and in your face. School, teachers, the school system; I hate, it with a glowing, purple passion. I learn more on my own out of my own curiosity than I do cooped up in a windowless building full of mindless people that are clueless, ignorant, and numb to the fact that there is little good being produced. It enrages me to think that this is what society looks like and how it functions: on habit and on conformity. There is a demand for inspiration and drastic change but no one is brave enough or reckless enough to make it happen because they’re too worried about failing and how people will look at them when they fail. Inspiration cannot happen if you’re too busy trying to fit in. Conformity gets you nowhere! I hate it! I am disgusted by the people who think conformity is a good thing. I’m even more disgusted by the people who talk of change but take no action to bring around change. They’re completely benighted and contribute nothing to society. What do you get out of waking up every day, eating breakfast, going to work, sitting in an office in front of a computer, clocking out and going home just to do it all over again? Money? A Title? A Promotion? Maybe. But what you get is a habit. What do you get with a habit? A hole. What do you get with a hole? No escape. What do you get with no escape? A grave. It means you have wasted your life trying to satisfy worldly desires that will not accomplish anything for you to feel satisfied about when you’re on your death bed. You will look upon your life for the last time and you will realize with a sudden horror, that you have done nothing but dig your own grave right from the start. Do you really want to be that person trying to make up for all the years missed during the last few years or months of your life? The guy that wasted his life trying to make too much money for one man to ever spend in a life time. The girl who wasted her life trying to get to the top of a company. For what? What is so important to you that means you have to beat everyone else? There is no excuse for wasting your life. Money is paper and you will earn it and you will spend it. It goes away and loses its value. Greed will eat you from the inside out. Why should you waste your life trying to make the next guy jealous because your life is supposedly better than his? It’s not! I’m sorry to burst your little bubble of passiveness, conceit, and arrogant ignorance, but you are not better than anyone. But guess what? No one is better than you. Look around. We are all just individuals wanting to make it in life. We’re all going through trials. We all have a heart, a brain, and a functioning mouth. Let’s follow our hearts, think with our brains, and speak kind, invigorating, and inspiring words to each other.

It’s time for a change. Not tomorrow, not next week, or next month. Now is the time. We haven’t a second to lose or we’ll be late to go live our lives. We have an epidemic on our hands. People are going brain dead with conformity. It’s time for a reality check. Are we really living, or do we just think we are? Are we inspiring people to be reckless and follow their dreams, or do we just think we are? Let’s pull back the veil of doubt and shed some light on it. We are not doing anything, and we need to be. Don’t be afraid to fail. It’s how we learn. We’re human and it’s natural. Don’t focus on greed, lust, or power; they’re the enemies. We need to focus on inspiration, open-mindedness, and change; those are our allies. You know that heart, brain and mouth I talked of earlier? Yeah, it’s time to put those to good use. Let’s get that heart beat racing with eagerness, that brilliant mind thinking with creativeness, and that mouth screaming words of revitalizing encouragement. You earning money won’t leave an imprint. Live a life worth telling your kids and grandkids about. Live a life that will leave a dent in history. If I inspired you, go inspire someone else. I’m just the start of something. You need to continue my chain reaction. I am depending on you to help me, and I’m begging you to help me. We can do this it’s not that hard. We are literally just magnifying the good in people and in the world. It’s simple: Inspire the next person so they’ll inspire the next person. We can start hundreds of thousands, if not millions of chain reactions. Let’s be different. Let’s be the weirdoes, the freaks, the planet movers, the conformity breakers and the society refiners. Let’s be the good we want to see in the world. The change we want to see can only happen through us. No one else is going to do it for us. It’s time to start something revolutionary and worth taking notice of! Are you in?

This formed literally out of nothing. It just happened... However, it may have come from nothing, but it definitely is something.