being the same | Teen Ink

being the same

By cookie_monster3 BRONZE, Davenport, Washington
cookie_monster3 BRONZE, Davenport, Washington
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

one good thing about music is when it hit you feel no pain - Bob Marly
wrist are for bracelets not cutting - Kellin Quinn

Gay marriage should be allowed in the United States.

Well, let’s think for a moment. Close your eyes; let your mind free of everything. Imagine you and your friends are walking down the street, and you see someone being pushed around and called bad names for being gay. You walk over to stop it, and you notice that it’s one of your best friends. But you didn’t know that he was gay. Would you help them or just leave them be? Well, I would help them. It’s not right just to leave someone like that. Well, now imagine that is you. I know a lot of you probably don’t want to. But just do please. What would your friends do for you? Everyone thinks that people that don’t embrace to the same beliefs are evil or bad. Why do people think that homosexual people are bad?
Everyone has their own opinion about gay marriage…. Yes, I respect that, but I don’t see why people think that being gay is evil. Being gay can lead to being judged; no one understands. I want you to tell me why some people think being gay is bad. Yes, some people say because in the Bible God tells us, only shall a man and woman lie in bed together. Well, what I have to say to that, God also said, “No matter how many mistakes you make, I shall never love you any more or less than I always have.” So, yes, He wants you to make the right choice, but it’s your life. He put you on this earth knowing what you were going to do or what you have or are going to do. He created you the way he did, so you could be the way He wants you. Not everyone, really no one, will be perfect. If you ask me, I don’t believe in the word perfect, I think perfect was a word made by the devil to hurt innocent people. So, yes, and I know there’s a lot more reasons, but I bet you over 80% of people would say “because God said.” I’m Christian but I don’t believe in wrong or right. I think everyone is amazing in their own way, and these people are not evil.
Gay people get judged and don’t have love and support that everyone else in the world has. Everyone has their family and friends to support their choices whether good or bad. Gay people have almost no one to support their choices. In my family, half of us support gay marriage; the other half doesn’t support gay marriage. I want to have all of my family supporting all different types of people. When a man and a woman are together and live in the same household, it’s not wrong. But if isn’t wrong for a male and a female, then why is it for two males or two females? I have a sister whom is lesbian. Her name is Sarah. I only knew her for about two months before she left us. My parents didn’t know that she was gay until about a week or two after she left our home. My sister came clean my parents; they didn’t like it, but they didn’t just abandon her. They didn’t like that she was gay, but they still gave her the love and support that she deserved. I was reading a newspaper one day and found out a 16 year old her name was Jami liana. She told her parents that she was gay and that day she was given up for adoption. Well that’s not ok. Would you give your son or daughter up for adoption just because she was different then you?
Why do voters make gay marriage illegal in some states? Well, the truth is people think it’s bad, so they vote against gay marriage. Some people say it’s bad because two men shall not lay in a bed together if in a relationship or because no men can have kid. But who’s to say they can’t adopted to give a kid or kids without a family a home, love, or food. Even in the constitution it says all men and woman in the United States shall have equal rights and freedom! Martin Luther King Jr. spoke his I Have a Dream speech in front of 12 billon people and was not scared if he was branded or accused of treason against the law. He just wanted to be free. Martin Luther King didn’t want to be judged, so he made the courageous decision to stand up and fight for his right to be free and not be discrimination for being black. So if Martin Luther King Jr. could stop segregation and discrimination, then why can’t we stop people from not being able to get married? According to the gaymarriage.procon.org website, Texas and Arizona think gay marriage is bad, but I’m not seeing why they think it’s wrong. Think for a minute. Put your feet in the shoes of somebody who was or is gay and take their point of view on this. So if you were gay, per say, and you wanted to get married and you weren’t allowed because some didn’t like it, how would you feel that a male and a female could get married; but you couldn’t because of the law? So come back to reality now. And think for a moment to yourself. Why are the laws this way? What can we as citizens do to change that?
Can we change the law in the United States? According to the National Association for the Education of Young Children, When the state or Massachusetts legalized gay marriage, the divorce rate in only 4 years went down 21% in 2008 some states started to think about it and eventually 17 states in the United States legalized gay marriage. Now we just want the other 33 states to make it legal. To make this law eligible to be in Congress we have to send it to congress and the decide if it passes. If to passes, then it goes to the legislature. Then they pass it to president and he is the final choice. I want you guys to help me make gay marriage legal give them the same love, and support that we have.

So now that you know why people think what they and we do, do you still think gay marriage is evil? Do you think it should be unbanned in all states? Everyone should have the love and support you do. I really hope that I changed your minds about gay marriage. I hope you will help me change the world as we know it to a much safer and better environment for our future generations! Well, one day we will be all the same and this will be a better world.

on Jun. 1 2014 at 11:34 pm
JJ_Lone PLATINUM, Davenport, Washington
I believe in the same thing, Mya! Awesome essay!!!!