A Connected Balance | Teen Ink

A Connected Balance

By Monah Clark BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
Monah Clark BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware

What actually is a "connected balance"?

I heard the word somewhere and it hooked on me. I've been trying to figure out exactly what it means and who came up with it, but I've had no leads.

I came up with my own interpretation of a "connected balance".

It's a balance, of course, between ones daily endeavors; how you interact with others, your attitude, and personal opinions that affect others.

I recently tried to analyze my own "connected balance" and found that I have no balance at all.

I'm new into high school and I have to make new friends, my weekends contain homework and more homework, little to no interaction with my only remaining friend that I've had from middle school, and since I go to an all girl high school...no BOYS.

I'm trying to juggle all these things and still be a big sister to three younger siblings and stay true to my morals; ethically and culturally.

This "connected balance" seems unattainable and I'm not even going to try anymore.

Also, something I learned about myself from doing my analyzing, is that how I go about my daily life with others and school mainly depends on my willingness and openness to others.

If one isn't open to whatever comes at them, they won't embrace it who heartedly and that leads to failure.

I rather not fail. I'm going to stick to what I'm doing now but, I'll keep the idea of a "connected balance" in the back of my mind and see if it comes into play later in my life.

Why fix something if it isn't broken ?

If you like this…a follow-up will be written but, I need feedback on what you want to read.