The Perfection of a Newborn Baby | Teen Ink

The Perfection of a Newborn Baby

February 12, 2014
By Ms.Marie GOLD, Greensburg, Kentucky
Ms.Marie GOLD, Greensburg, Kentucky
12 articles 30 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
James 2:24- you see a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone


Today I got to see a new life be brought into this world, my baby cousin. After walking through the hospital we finally reached the window where you can stand to view the baby. As I stood at the window, my face pressed against the glass, I couldn't help but observe all the unique features a newborn has. You see, as I was surrounded by the chants of my relatives of how adorable she was, how perfect, and how sweet, I began to think amongst myself of how pure an infant is. Being brought into a world of hatred, lust, and crime, it gives you a peaceful easy feeling as you stare at this newborn.

Her skin was so smooth without a single impurity. Her hair was so soft you would think you were touching silk threads. Of all the beautiful things seen on the outside of this child, I began to think of what kind of child she would grow up to be. It made me wonder what her friends would be like. Who would be her first love. Would she be tender hearted or a tom boy. All the questions of the exahaustable varieties she could be, based on the world we live in. This newborn has so much opportunity after being born into a world that is full of options. Before I walked away from the cold glass viewing window in the nursery, I glanced around at my family and realized it was our job to raise this baby to be the best of its ability. I turned around and smiled at them all as I walked away wondering if they were thinking the same thing.