The Females Of My Generation | Teen Ink

The Females Of My Generation

By RamoneRowe BRONZE, Bronx, New York
RamoneRowe BRONZE, Bronx, New York

Life is a menu, whatever and whoever you order is going to be delivered to your table.

What is it these days with having a baby? Why is it that a baby wants to have a baby??
Is it that old proverb "monkey see monkey do" or "you live what you learn"?
Or is this just a trend??
I don't get it! so that's why I'm trying to find out what went wrong and what's really going on in the minds of these children of my generation
Because apparently, having a baby at the age of 16 is acceptable...Oh Lord
Isn't a 16yr old still a baby? So I don't get it!
Is it that there's no one to guide them? Don't they have anyone to look up to?
Or is it that these babies think that they are grown women? Yeah, maybe that's it, or just one possible explanation.

I remember sometime in July of 2013, I was walking down the block with my family and I saw a young lady talking to 3 guys and as we got closer I heard when she said "...who you calling a kid? Amma be 16 next month! Amma be a grown a** woman "I shook my head in pity.
'I'm 16 so I'm grown' is now the mentality of our generation. Both genders are lost because of "age"; the young men take up guns, gangs and drug, and most times end up dead or residing in the Penitentiary, but that's not my topic today because these young ladies are pushing it too far, too fast.

Why am I putting all the pressure on the females and not both? Because the females are the ones who bares the child
It's their education that goes on pause
They have the option to abstain and or the option of practicing safe sex
Most times they are the ones who are looked down on by society because they've now become another statistic
Need I mention what will happen if their parents kick them out and then the baby daddy wants out?!

Wait! Is it because of "love" why they decide that they want to have a baby for their bf or whoever?
With the thought that the guy will be with them "forever"?? But I thought those days were over o.O
Or is it because the guy can provide financial stability and protection?
Nooo, that can't be it because our young ladies are ambitious, right??

Am I overlooking, "mommy had me in her teen so she can't say anything about it" ??!
Is that it?
You're gonna do what you see, little monkey?
You want to struggle just like how your mom did?
Why don't you try to break that cycle?!
Don't you want a better life? Yes...No?
I mean, having a child is a beautiful thing BUT! securing a career and after marriage would be a better time for this beautiful being to come into existence, wouldn't it?!
So I don't get it!!!
Why won't these females of my generation think it through???

Or maybe it's this YOLO (You Only Live Once) thing
The slang that has their minds wrapped up and heading towards destruction, if it's not there yet
I think they have interpreted this the wrong way! But who's there to teach them? ugh
YOLO! Yeah! you only live once, so why not become "somebody" in society?? Finish high school, go to college, get a job and a career, then start a family
Doesn't that sound like something worth living once for?
Instead of idling around, ditching school, partying all night long, consuming narcotics, engaging in unprotected sex especially with multiple partners, etc.
I don't get why so many reckless actions are attached to this slang
What's wrong with my generation? Even the youngest child is talking about having sex!
What's really going on??
Moms! Dads!! "The rod of correction imparts wisdom, but a child left to itself disgraces his mother." (Prov. 29:15)
"Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die. Punish him with the rod and save his soul from death." (Prov. 23:13-14)
That's all I have to say

The ending of time is at hand but maybe there's still hope for the females of my generation. I pray that these babies realize where they went wrong, so that they can teach their babies not to have babies while they are still a baby. Smh
Oh Lord please have mercy upon my generation!

I can't seem to find out what's going on with my generation

raeda44 said...
on Feb. 4 2014 at 11:19 am
I think this is a really good article!! it should make females think more often.