The Eyes Are the Mirror of Our Emotions | Teen Ink

The Eyes Are the Mirror of Our Emotions

By TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other
TrixLovegood PLATINUM, Lisboa, Other

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Cicero

“The eyes are the mirror of our emotions” These words came up in my head in the other day. Honestly, at first they didn’t really make sense to me but I wrote them in a piece of paper anyway hoping they would, later. And they actually do. Now that I think about it, when someone talks to you, where are they looking’ at? Your eyes. Looking for an emotion, or a reaction or even the slightest feeling. Everyone does this unintentionally. But the eyes also show everything you feel: anger, sadness, happiness, anxiety and fear.... The eyes are even the home for the tears that manifest themselves when we are presented with an extreme amount of emotions at the same time. In a sad, a frustrating or overwhelmingly happy situation. Everything is reflected in your eyes. They are mirror of what our heart feels, they are the reflection of our personality and they are capable to speak without words. And as Cicero said: “The face is a picture of the mind with the eyes as its interpreter.”

This piece was simply inspired on how the eyes are real windows to our feelings.