Mom Syndrome | Teen Ink

Mom Syndrome

By Purplerebelgirl13 GOLD, Toronto, Other
Purplerebelgirl13 GOLD, Toronto, Other

Components
Part 1- The “biased” syndrome. Your mother always favours your friend. She is always in a better mood when your friend is over. She acts as if your friend is an angel and you are the devil. She obviously favours her. She can’t control it but she’s a nicer person when your friend is there. It makes you feel like crap but she doesn’t notice. Then your friend leaves thinking your mom is amazing.

Part 2- The “bossy” syndrome. This one to be honest probably most of the time isn’t your fault. If your moms had a bad day she does this. No matter what you do she will find a way to keep you busy. Even if she tells you one by one to pick up gum wrappers around your room she will find a way. If it’s either telling you to make your bed or wash dishes she will keep you busy. You have always done something wrong and she refuses to realize she might be over reacting.

Part 3- The “why cant you be” syndrome. This one is when your mom has and unrealistic opinion of you. No matter what you do she wants something else. If you are good at art she will say “why cant you be like your sister, a successful hockey player?” whatever your talents are she will somehow want you to be someone else. She will constantly bash your personality and how you feel. Its classic mom and you cant let it bother you.

Part 4- The worst one of all, the “my baby” syndrome. This is when your mom just can’t seem to let you go. Every time you want to leave the house or hang out with your friends. They think you are growing up too fast. Their intense stare that makes you think they are gunna cry at any moment. It makes you feel guilty. She can’t let go of you and how you were as a kid. When you change it just triggers her emotions.

These are just some of the things parents do. No matter what you can do they are your parents and no matter how much they annoy you or you annoy them, you love each other. All parents have one or another form of parent syndrome. You just have to learn to adapt?

This is for anyone who experienced any of these problems with parents.