Me, Myself, and I | Teen Ink

Me, Myself, and I

November 13, 2013
By Jessica Posovich SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
Jessica Posovich SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I walked down the hallways knowing they were staring and laughing at me. It’s like they think I can’t see
them point, or maybe they just don’t care. “Ha ha, look at that fat girl.” It’s not like she has feelings or
she’s not used to it. Truth is I am used to it, I’ve been the biggest one in my class sense I started school.
Yes, I’ve heard all the nicknames that are possible, ”Fatty,” Hippo,” and “The Cake Monster.” When
you’re the new kid it starts all over again. New laughs, new nicknames, new desks you can’t fit in.

By the way my name is Ally, in case you were wondering. Sorry I’m venting to you. Actually, I’m surprised you haven’t left yet. Most People do. Anyways, this sort of stuff doesn’t just happen at school, it happens everywhere I go. God forbid I want to go out to eat with my family. Did you know it is a crime for fat people to eat? Trust me, I won’t eat the whole restaurant, don’t look so concerned. I’ve tried looking like everyone else. I’ve exercised, I’ve starved myself but nothing ever works. The combination of my shyness and how I look makes it impossible to not be an outcast.

People take one look at me and assume what I’m like. I’m a couch potato who does nothing but sleep and stuff my face. That’s more of my mother’s definition, but look at her she’s a twig, a skinny little thing who has never had to work out a day in her life. It’s not fair! I don’t mind having my Dad’s eyes but did I really have to inherit his thighs? I dream every night that one morning I’ll wake up looking like one of the girls from Babe Watch.

I want to cry every day I have to look at my own reflection and see this! Honestly though, What’s the point? It Won’t change how I look. It won’t change the fact I’ll never get to hold a guy’s hand or parade around in an outfit not suitable for church, because even my ankles are ugly. All I hear at school is girl’s complaining about a stupid, tiny pimple or their hair. Do you know how bad I want to yell at them and say “try walking around with and an extra 120 pounds!” I hate those girls! I hate everyone that gets to look normal every day! No one ever understands!


The author's comments:
This was not a personal piece...just an obsevation