My Story | Teen Ink

My Story

October 11, 2013
By Anonymous

My name is Kaela. When I was of the age 14, I was raped. It was the scariest thing to experience. Because of the fact I was molested at the age of 7, I told myself that I would be prepared if it ever happens again, I would know what to do. My mom even put me through karate classes. But then the night of the party came. I figured I was safe, my parents are here, this is a family birthday party but, just in case I have to remember what I told myself. I realised my older distant cousin was of age to drink. That did slightly frighten me but I told myself he’s 21 and i am 14 why would he try to do something stupid. His little sister is almost my age I’ll be ok. But as time went on, we found out there was a party next door, he brought out marijuana. I was so proud of myself for not doing that but disappointed at myself for taking a drink of beer. Nothing happened to me because I didn’t put enough into my system but he didn’t know that. He probably thought I was drunk and when all three of us went back to their house, him and his sister whispered something then she left me. once she was completely gone he grabbed my wrist, I was so scared I felt like a ragdoll being dragged across the bed. I remembered that I was supposed to scream, fight back but no...I didn't have the ability, I was frozen, it was like something had taken Over my body, I wanted to cry, But nothing came out..A few hours past And he allowed me to go back to his sister's room where I was staying that night.. I felt like my brain was numb..walking like a zombie back up stairs. I fell asleep like nothing happened...Then that next night,,,it hit me. what he had done to me...I felt so gross and I knew, just like when I was 7, it would never leave my mind no matter how hard I tried. I now go to therapy while dealing with court. It’s tough but I know once he is put where he belongs..I will heal much faster.. anyone out there who has been raped or molested you are not alone. You are not at fault you did nothing wrong. It’s all going to get better over time and you will heal. Anxiety, panic attacks, depression, it’s all normal. Even not experiencing anything is normal. As most of you know, I am unfortunate to have the anxiety problem. He ruined my life so far but I am working my butt off to make sure he doesn’t ruin my entire life. Don’t let something bad ruin your life.


(hopefully someday, I can read this in front of as many people as possible)