My New Life | Teen Ink

My New Life

October 7, 2013
By Amber410 SILVER, Struthers, Ohio
Amber410 SILVER, Struthers, Ohio
8 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
Naver Say Never


So for the past 5 months i have been living with my dad, his wife, a family friend, and my half sister. They are great. At first we had some problems but we are working on things. We have been doing a great job. I know my dad loves me and my step mom and little sister love me too. I miss everyone back home but for now I will make the best of what I have here. Is it bad to want to leave? All I want is to be 18 to move out. I even talked to a Navy recruiter for heavens sake! I mean I dont want to join the military! I only talked to her because my dad said I look like I would make a great navy officer. I have no idea what career job I want but I do know that they Navy is not for me. I want to experience the college life. I want to live on campus and i want hate professors. I dont know what to do. I dont know my father all that well and I dont want to disappoint him. I think I'm going to college. Its my life why shouldnt I do what I want to do? Right? I'm going to take my SAT next month and I'm applying for colleges away from my family. I need a break from everyone telling me what I should and shouldn't do. Thank you guys for listening to me vent. It feels good to write again.